Friday, April 22 - Sunday, April 24
WHO RUNS KAWAII KON?
- Kawaii Kon is operated by a core of directors from Hawaii in conjunction with a few mainland based directors. Kawaii Kon is a not-for-profit entity – that means no one makes a profit from the convention- Not the owners, organizers or staff. We do it for the love of anime and the local otaku community!
WHAT IS KAWAII KON?
- Kawaii Kon is a 3-day convention that celebrates Japanese anime (cartoons), manga (comics), and all facets of Japanese culture. We offer a variety of events and activities throughout the weekend. From video games, table top games, costume contests, thousands of manga to read, a talent-filled Artist Alley, an expansive Dealer’s Room, formal ball, we have something for everyone!
WHY DO YOU GUYS DO THIS?
- We love anime, we love making you smile, and we love sharing that love with the uninitiated! By organizing Kawaii Kon every year, we create a safe space for otaku to meet, socialize, and enjoy themselves. Anime has had an impact on our lives, and we want to be able to share that with others.
WHERE IS KAWAII KON HELD?
- Kawaii Kon is held annually at the Hawaii Convention Center.
WHEN IS KAWAII KON?
- This year, Kawaii Kon will be held April 22 – 24, 2022.
WHAT KINDS OF EVENTS DO YOU OFFER?
- Art Auctions
- Artist Alley Games
- Cosplay (Costume) Contests
- Anime Premieres
- Interactive panels
- Video Game Tournaments
- Tabletop Tournaments
- So much more!
IS THERE AN AGE REQUIREMENT TO ATTEND?
- All ages are welcome at the convention! Children under 10 years old get in free with paid Kawaii Kon member. We do require that children under the age of 13 be accompanied by a parent or guardian. We also offer a few adult only events, where entry will require a government issued ID to verify age.