This event has passed.
Event Series: ʻOhana Scratch
April 2, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm HST
Scratching the surface: using Scratch as a tool for innovation!
Scratch is an online programming language where users can create and share stories, games and animations (scratch.mit.edu). We will be delving into multiple projects every Thursday afternoon, which will culminate into a final Hōʻike day on April 30th.
Classes will meet on Zoom for 1 hour every Thursday from 3 – 4 pm. Supplemental materials will be posted on Moodle (including example walk through videos and PPT materials).
- Class 1 (April 2nd) – Learn about Scratch, Build a magic mirror and gribbet
- Class 2 (April 9th) – Build your own drum machine
- Class 3 (April 16th) – Maze maker and circuit breaker
- Class 4 (April 23rd) – 3D Maze explorer
- Class 5 (April 30th) – Hōʻike project day
Weʻll gather via Zoom at a link you’ll receive after filling out this registration and parent permission form: