PechaKucha Honolulu Night: Emotion
January 22, 2020 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm HST
About the Event
PechaKucha Honolulu Night: Emotion. Watch a series of short presentations on the theme of emotion. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., presentations begin at 6:00 p.m. Ground floor cafe seating area (go to the left as you enter from the front doors).
PechaKucha 20×20 is a presentation format of 20 slides, 20 seconds each. You can see examples of these presentations on the PechaKucha website: PechaKucha 20×20. PechaKucha Honolulu‘s organizer is Lisa Shiroma.
A collaboration with the HiSAM Museum Gallery Shop x Mori and the Hawaii Museums Association.
- to be announced
Transportation and Parking
There is no parking on site. Parking is available at nearby lots, including across Hotel street in the Ali‘i Place building (enter at 1099 Alakea Street, cash only, $3 flat rate on weekends), across Richards Street at Iolani Palace, and metered street parking in the area.
Free accessible parking stalls are available in these location for persons with disabilities:
- Iolani Palace grounds (one stall near the Richards Street exit, one stall near the State Archives building, and one stall near the gate leading to the State Capitol)
- Ali‘i Place building parking structure (vehicle entrance at 1099 Alakea Street, pedestrian entrance/exit on South Hotel Street directly across from the Hawai‘i State Art Museum). 2 hour limit.
- State parking lots allow metered spaces in those lots to be used as accessible parking, with a 2 hour limit. Nearby state parking lots include the State Capitol (415 South Beretania Street and Punchbowl Street), and the Kalanimoku Building (corner of Beretania Street and 1151 Punchbowl Street). For a full list of state government parking lots and a map, please visit the Automotive Management Division webpage. In order to use the spaces, vehicles must display the appropriate placard issued to individuals.
- TheBus – many bus routes stop directly in front of or very close to the museum. For routes and schedules, call TheBus at (808) 848-5555 or check online at http://www.thebus.org.
- The Waikiki Trolley – the Red Line State Capitol Stop is a short walk from HiSAM. For more information, call the Waikiki Trolley at (808) 591-2561, or check online at http://www.waikikitrolley.com.
- Biki Bikeshare – the closest Biki racks are directly in front of the building on South Hotel St. (120 Chinatown/DT – Hotel & Richards), and at the corner of Richards and South Beretania St (121 Chinatown/DT – Beretania & Richards).
- Bicycle Racks – nearby Honolulu City & County bike racks are on South Hotel St. near Alakea St., on Richards St. near South Hotel St., and on the lawn between the Hawai‘i State Capitol building and Iolani Palace.