Wednesday, January 26 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm HST
Learn directly from the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
Learn directly from the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) on how to protect one of your business’s most valued assets, your Intellectual Property, with a U.S. Trademark.
Topics to be covered:
• How trademarks, copyrights, patents, domain names, and business name registrations all differ
• The benefits of federal trademark registration
• Why it is important for any new business to select a trademark that will be both federally registrable and legally protectable
• Critical factors to consider when choosing a mark
• The importance of doing a complete search and whether an attorney should be used
• The USPTO’s role in the federal registration process
• How to get free and reduced-price legal help when applying for registration
Presenter: Jason Lott, Attorney Advisor for Trademark Customer Outreach, USPTO Jason Lott is the Attorney Advisor for Trademarks Customer Outreach at the United States Patent and Trademark Office, where he specializes in helping small business owners understand trademarks and the federal trademark registration process through live presentations, creative videos, and other multimedia platforms. He has been with the USPTO since 2000, previously serving as an examining attorney, and is a recipient of multiple career service awards.
Open to everyone.
Registration is required.
All opinions, conclusions, and/or recommendations expressed herein are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact Dennis Kwak email@example.com.